Construction of the Church. Following the decision of the Ecclesiastical Committee of Prokopi, construction of the Church of Saint John the Confessor began. For the completion of the work, the Ecclesiastical Committee carries out a fundraising campaign with the permission of the Diocese and the Prefecture of Evia.
With the care of the Metropolitan Bishop of Chalkis, Gregory, and with the tireless efforts of the ecclesiastical committee, the beautiful Holy Church above was completed in 1951 and the holy relic was transferred there. A guest house was built near the Holy Church, according to the model of the one in Prokopi of Cappadocia, for the stay of the pious pilgrims. This Holy Church was inaugurated by the Metropolitan Bishop of Chalkis Nikolaos (1975), on Sunday, September 21, 1969. A relative advertisement is found in the newspaper “Evoikos Kiryx”: